Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Creating a Haven For Wildlife

I am a gardener, a lazy gardener granted, but a gardener nonetheless.

I live in a small former-cornfield subdivision (a whole 1/3rd of an acre) where the evil builder stripped off all the soil and then doled out a measly inch or two of top soil to make up for the carnage of my yard.

We moved here in 2000 and since then I have worked to build a small habitat for the various critters in the neighborhood. I haven't done as much as I had hoped I would have done by now (see that first sentence again if you can't figure out why).

We've made some progress, but I want to make it a priority over the next few years to build up the habitat. I'm going to try to document my efforts in this blog.

Here's hoping I attract more of these!



Join me on the journey!!!

No comments: